We tested 5 products and found Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe 3 Burner Grill to be the best 3 burner camp stoves.
With years of camp cooking, we saw how much of a challenge it is with single burner stoves. When the family tags along, you need meals cooked faster.
We opted for a 3-burner camp stove, and it changed our camp kitchen forever. The Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe 3 Burner Grill is a perfect choice. You can use pans, or you can grill directly on the mesh. It’s a beast of a grill and as good as using the range at home.
Here you can find out how good this stove is and if there are any of the other camping stoves rival the features and performance. If you are camping in a group, then this propane camp stove could suit you down to the ground. (Read Camp Chef Pellet Grill vs Traeger Grill Review)
- Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe 3 Burner Grill – A top grill to give you that at-home cooking experience.
- Basecamp 3 Burner Angle Iron Stove – A no-frills 3 burner stove that gets the job done.
- Camp Chef Expedition 3X 3 Burner Stove – The ideal 3 burner camp stove and griddle for glamping.
- CONCORD Triple Burner Outdoor Stand Stove Cooker – Heavy-duty 3 burner stove for camping in tough conditions
- ROVSUN 3 Burner High-Pressure Outdoor Camping Burner – Outdoor stove can be used for camping or other uses.
5 Best 3 Burner Camp Stoves
1. Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe 3 Burner Grill – Best Overall Camping Stove
When cooking for a big number, you’ll need a lot of power from your stove; Camp Chef delivers with lots of cooking space and powerful burners.
The Camp Chef Tahoe has three 30,000 BTU burners that could heat your multi-cup coffee percolator while simultaneously cooking a hearty breakfast.
With a guide price of just over $270, it is a more expensive option, yet the power of propane makes this 3-burner camping stove suitable for the largest cooking jobs.
- Each leg can be adjusted independently, which is useful if you’re cooking on uneven ground.
- The cooking grate allows you to grill
- Detachable legs for table or tailgate use.
- The stove offers push-button ignition for ease of lighting.
- You have full burner housing protection and side wind rails to stop gusts affecting your 30,000 BTUs flames.
- Dimensions are 38-inches x 16-inches x 10 inches with wind guards up.
- The propane camping stove weight is 43 lbs and needs a 5 lb propane tank.
If you are car camping and have a large family, then the auto ignition and power from each of the three burners can make light work of any cooking task.
If you want to grill, you can easily do this on one end of the Camp Chef stove as you use pots and pans on the other with the best camping stove and overall cooking power.
2. Basecamp 3 Burner Angle Iron Stove – Best Budget Camping Stove
These heavy-duty Triple Burner Angle Iron Stove types of camping stoves are more durable and lighter than cast-iron counterparts and deliver an impressive 15,000 per burner for a total of 45,000 BTUs heat output of power.
It is solid, and the legs, and even though it can’t be used as a freestanding stove, you can use it on a tabletop or tailgate for more convenience. (Read Different Types of Camping)
With a guide price of less than $100, you get a no-frills 3 burner setup that offers great cooking power for car campers to cook during any camping trip.
- You can fine-tune the simmer control to keep things warm.
- The gas stove hose and regulator are sold separately.
- There is no side protection from wind resistance, so it needs to be used in a secluded area.
- Stove dimensions are 14.88 x 28.54 x 3.54 inches, and the weight is under 18 lbs without propane.
- There is no auto-ignition feature on this classic propane stove, and you need to light the burners manually.
If you are in need of a tough 3 burner propane camp stove and can do without features and frills. The Basecamp angle iron propane stove can offer one of the most dependable cooking options there is.
3. Camp Chef Expedition 3X 3 Burner Stove – Best High-End Camping Stove
The Camp Chef Expedition 3x 3 Burner Stove follows on from the traditions of the Camp Chef Explorer 2 burner stove, Camp Chef Everest to be the biggest, most powerful stand-alone camping stove.
You get one of the best cooking experiences possible from one of the best camping stoves this company provides.
With a guide price of a little under $330, this is the perfect glamping stove or for the largest family outing.
- The stove comes with 3 x 30,000 BTU burners (90K BTU per hour) and a cooking area of 38-inches by 16-inches.
- The Expedition 3×3 Burner Stove offers a professional flat top 16-inch by 24-inch seasoned griddle.
- Wind protection is catered to by the three-sided windscreen.
- Included features are utensils, paper towel holders, and you get the regulator and 3ft hose thrown in.
- The legs are adjustable or removable for tabletop use or as a freestanding stove.
- The stove weight is a reasonable 28 lbs without the propane tank.
- Comes with a one-year warranty and an easy-to-carry bag.
For anyone who wants to cater to many types of foods, this freestanding or tabletop fuel-efficient stove offers the best means of cooking possible. The griddle cooking surface offers the chance for pro-level burgers you can’t get from other car camping stoves.
4. CONCORD Triple Burner Outdoor Stand Stove Cooker – Best Cast Iron Stove
You will find the CONCORD Triple Burner Outdoor Stand Stove Cooker offers a rugged outdoor cooking experience. It lacks novel features, yet you get a massive 55,000 BTU burning power from the three burners.
Compared to others, this is more BTUs per burner than more expensive models. With a guide price of just under $130, you get a reliable cast-iron stove that delivers a fast boil time.
- Made from cast iron, the stove is 39lbs and offers dimensions of 35 inches by 18 inches.
- The burner is manufactured from heavy-duty cast iron and has a weatherproof coating to last for years.
- You have use of the individual 6-inch burners that have blue flame control.
- The high-pressure regulator, hose, and connector are included.
- Legs can be removed for easy storage or adjusted for uneven surfaces.
- Capable of supporting three 60 pots.
- You will need to ignite the triple burner as there is no auto-ignition.
Anyone who needs serious cooking power, then this can be the ideal solution. It caters to large stockpots and can bring all these to a boil in the shortest possible time.
It is one of the more powerful 3 burner propane stoves you can find for any use.
5. ROVSUN 3 Burner High-Pressure Outdoor Camping Burner – Best Picnic Stove
The ROVSUN gas cooker delivers steady heat reaching 75,000BTU, which you’ll find plenty, no matter what you decide to cook.
For ease of carrying and storage, it breaks down into the smallest size by removing the legs. All you need to do is connect these and hook up your liquid petroleum gas tank, and you are good to go.
With a guide price of around $120, you can find the propane stove offers a great cooking experience.
- The stove size is 34.3-inches by 17.7 inches wide.
- The cooking height is 29.7-inches.
- There is no auto-ignition, so you need a means of lighting the stove manually.
- You have a total of 225,000 BTUs available for fast, efficient cooking.
- Made from cast iron, you can use the 3 burner stove in a variety of situations such as home brewing, canning, and all-important camp cooking.
- The ROVSUN 3 burner stove makes deep-frying a possibility when camping, and not many number of burners can near this heat required.
- Blue flame adjustment to stop pots blackening
- Simmer control
For anyone who heads off into the great outdoors and needs a robust stove for cooking to a group, then the ROVSUN 3 Burner high-pressure outdoor propane camp stove is more than enough to deal with any meal of the day.
Camp Stove Buying guide
You will find any number of types of camping stoves that meet every travel personality. It will make finding your ideal stove a challenge.
Here is all you need to know about finding the ideal stove. You’ll find these also come in handy if you are using a two-burner rather than a three-burner.
Heat output is measured in BTUs or British Thermal Units. Higher BTUs mean cooking more food faster.
Most camping stoves run on propane, and they can be used in most conditions and are readily available. Yet, once it gets cold, propane tanks can freeze. If cold-weather camping, you’ll need a liquid fuel stove.
White gas delivers the best in harsh conditions, yet a full-sized stove is rare. Butane is suitable for three-season camping, or you could settle for a wood-burning camping stove option.
Most common stoves have two burners and a single stainless-steel grate. For varied cooking, check stoves that include a grill or are compatible with grill and griddle attachments.
Auto ignition is more than convenient; it is safer. Ignition buttons add to the price, so you may need to forgive this and settle for another means of lighting your stove.
Two burner stoves can be suitable for an average family, and those who are backpacking often settle for a lightweight single burner.
Any camper who intends to make the most of the outdoor cooking experience goes for a three-burner stove. The number of burners will be down to choice and what your needs are.
When you spend more money, you will get better simmer control. You will find this more important than it sounds. A stove that is efficient at low heat offers better fuel efficiency and stops food from going cold or burning.
Type of Stove
Freestanding and tabletop stoves are two main types. Freestanding stoves are larger yet give a higher output. Tabletop stoves are lightweight, easier to carry, yet limited on cooking performance.
Size and Weight
Size and weight come hand in hand with the type of stove. If car camping, you may not worry about the size, yet you need a smaller stove and a smaller fuel source if backpacking. Some freestanding stoves are more than 30 pounds plus your propane tank.
Better stoves offer windshields as standard, while other models may just have the cooking surface. If you know you have an area that has protection, you could settle for this, yet if you are exposed, you’ll need these windbreaks.
What’s the bottom line?
Three burner stoves can be the best way to cook when camping. There are no compromises, and they offer much more than a two-burner stove.
It was clear that the best overall here was the Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe 3 Burner Grill. It covers most situations you can imagine cooking any type of food the family desires.
It delivers high power so you can boil, grill, and much more. It has matchless ignition, so there are no concerns about using matches.
The alloy steel will provide years of service from this professional standard outdoor cooking station. With wind resistance protection, you have little worry about uneven cooking or your flame going out.
The Camp Chef is the natural successor to the Camp Chef Everest and the Camp Chef Explorer. It is a premium 3 burner stove and deserves its place as one of the best.
Read more: Best 14 Person Tent