You can find much more going for a simple heated vest than being comfortably warm inside. A heated vest needs to generate constant heat, yet depending on your activity, you need ample movement.
We tested 5 products and found ORORO Men’s Lightweight Heated Vest with Battery Park to be the best-heated vest.
We have been on many kayaking trips and been hunting where movement (without noise) is imperative. When it’s cold, you’ll find the ORORO a treat as the high collar traps heat, keeping you warm and stopping said heat from escaping.
With an extended runtime, there is more than enough power in the four heating zones. So, if you want to see how this polished heated vest compares, carry on reading to find the best-heated vest for cold weather activities. (Read Is It Illegal To Live Off The Grid)
- ORORO Men’s Lightweight Heated Vest with Battery Pack: Best heated clothing for outdoors with efficient carbon fiber heating material.
- PROSmart Heated Vest Polar Fleece Lightweight Waistcoat with USB Battery Pack for Men and Women: The best unisex USB heated vest if you are wearing outdoor clothing or don’t expect rain.
- PKSTONE Heated Vest for Men & Women, Upgraded Lightweight Electric Heated Vest for Outdoor Fishing Hunting: If you need lots of movement and a fine interior lining for breathability, you can find most heated vests can’t compare.
- AKASO Women’s Nomad Battery Heated Vest: If you’ve not seen this in women’s heated vest reviews, you’ll find the vest battery pack delivers extensive continuous heat.
- Lightweight Heated Vest for Men Women USB Charging Electric Heating Vest for Outdoor Camping Hiking Fishing Motorcycle: If retaining warmth underneath other clothing is your goal, easy one-touch controls for the three heat setting lets you do this.
5 Best Heated Vests
1. ORORO Men’s Lightweight Heated Vest with Battery Pack – Best Overall Heated Vest
Lightweight insulated for free movement; Water and wind-resistant, as the ORORO heated vest offers a high collar and collar heating to keep brisk fall air out.
The vest features four carbon fiber heating pads that generate heat for core-body warmth across the collar, mid-back, and pockets.
With a 7.4V UL/CE-certified battery, it heats in seconds and lasts up to 10 hours on a single charge. It also has a USB connector for charging devices.
Perfect for the daily commute, hiking, fishing, hunting, or even when work is too cold. The heating pads transmit heat effectively, and you can wear the vest as is or beneath other outer garments.
The heating elements and vest construction are machine washable and tested to survive over 50 machine wash cycles.
- The battery offers a voltage of 7.4V and is a 5200 mAh Lithium-ion battery. You also get a removable battery with a USB port for charging mobiles.
- You find an efficiently heated runtime from the 3 heat settings such as low setting is 10 hrs; medium offers 6 hrs and when on high, you get 3 hrs.
- Jacket construction is carbon fiber, 71.1% Nylon, 28.9% Polyester
- Cold air is kept at bay from the snug collar and the 4 Heating Zones on the collar, left & right pockets, and mid-back.
The ORORO heated vest has a guide price of just under $140. It is perfect for anyone who wants to maintain body warmth while still having the flexibility to move during their outdoor activities.
Unlike many other rechargeable heating vest options, this is water-resistant and can help keep you dry as well as generate consistent heat throughout the day.
2. PROSmart Heated Vest Polar Fleece Lightweight Waistcoat with USB Battery Pack for Men and Women – Best Men’s Heated Vest
The PROSmart heated vest comes in three colors and can be easily worn standalone or underneath clothes to maintain medium temperature, where it can last up to 7 hours. On low, you get 10 hours, and on high, you get 4 hours.
You’ll find there are just 2 heated zones in the upper back and lower back. The three heating levels range from 40℃ to 60℃, so you can adjust based on your activities and weather conditions.
Unlike many heated vests, the PROSmart is made from polar fleece and thus can limit your activities around water or in poor weather unless you wear it beneath clothing.
- The heated vest is machine washable with a removable battery and placed in a mesh laundry bag.
- The 1000 mAh portable battery power supply is CE certified and rechargeable up to 800 times.
- It offers a USB port and can power compatible USB devices, such as cell phones.
- The rechargeable heated vest has 2 carbon fiber heating elements to generate heat across core body areas.
With a guide price close to $100, you can find the vest can be an excellent option for heated jackets. The biggest drawback being the outer shell isn’t water-resistant, and you only get two carbon fiber heating zones.
If you need a vest for wearing under other clothing, the heat elements do more than enough to keep you toasty.
3. PKSTONE Heated Vest for Men & Women, Upgraded Lightweight Electric Heated Vest for Outdoor Fishing Hunting – Best Value Heated Vest
In the harsh winter, you can enjoy many outdoor activities such as camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, or standing at football games wearing this warm, heated vest. It’s perfect as an outer layer or a cozy base layer.
The handy gilet is constructed of lightweight Spandex and comes in a skin-friendly material with a great pattern. For faster movement, there is plenty of cut, but it can also be a significant downside. (Read Can You Park Overnight At Walmart)
You can use the regular USB port and the 5V-7.4V, 2A. battery as a power bank you can store in the vest’s zippered side pockets. (The vest’s battery pack is not included).
- The built-in four-piece heat therapy pad quickly warms and helps with blood circulation.
- Heat is generated throughout the upper, lower, and two sides of the belly by three temperature adjustments on the four carbon fiber heating devices.
- The carbon fiber heating system has three heat settings for temperature ranges from 104°F to 149°F.
- It comes with many sizing options, yet it is advisable to select one size smaller for females.
- Washing machine compatible.
With a guide price of just under $70, you can find the slim-fitting vest suitable if you need lots of movement.
It offers lots of freedom of movement. It offers decent battery life, and the heating pad can be enough, and it offers a fast warm-up time from the heating process.
4. AKASO Women’s Nomad Battery Heated Vest – Best Women’s Heated Vest for Women
The AKASO vest offers intelligent heating with 4 built-in ultra-fine carbon fiber heating panels controlled by the separate front left & right abdomen and on the back for collar & back buttons.
You can also find the new heated vest offer overheat protection where if the heated jacket temp exceeds 150°F, the heated vests safe as the implanted sensor triggers to cut off the power, yet you can turn it on once the vest cools.
You get lots of lasting warmth from the high capacity 10000mAh power bank battery for up to 15+ hours of warmth and can charge your mobile devices.
- Separate controls for heating zones offer varying battery life from the front and back to either front or back.
- The vest offers a water-resistant outer shell to make sure you stay dry and warm.
- The AKASO comes with a detachable hood for really cold weather to be more like a heated jacket.
- The vest comes with a carrying bag, hood, laundry bag, one 10000mAh battery power bank, and micro USB cable.
For anyone who wants a wind-resistant size adjustable heated vest, the rough guide price of just under $80 is more than affordable.
If the style is as important as warmth, then you can find this heated vest is among the best you can find.
5. Lightweight Heated Vest for Men Women USB Charging Electric Heating Vest for Outdoor Camping Hiking Fishing Motorcycle – Best Light Vest
The 2021 UPGRADED HEATED VEST is constructed of lightweight memory cotton and Lycra for a comfortable fit. It is more of an undergarment, as it doesn’t offer too much weather protection.
It comes with four heat therapy pads that warm up rapidly to promote blood circulation and reduce muscle, shoulder, back, and waist pain. (Read Do You Have To Refrigerate Maple Syrup)
Battery times can vary as the power bank size dictates this, and it is not included with the heated vest.
- With a one-touch control for the three temperature settings, it’s simple to use.
- You’ll see a light indicator for the temperature you’ve chosen, such as Red for 131°F – 149°F, White for 113°F to 131°F, and Blue for 104°F to 113°F.
- You have 6 sizes to choose from, and if there are issues, you have a 30-day warranty.
- To operate, you make a long press before the power reaches the composite wiring.
- You can hand or machine wash, and you get the laundry bag as part of what’s in the box.
The electric heated vest for men and women is made of a soft, skin-friendly material. It’s not too bulky to wear under a heavy coat in the winter, and it’s ideal for anyone who needs a lot of arm movement in their hobbies.
The guide price of just beneath $56 reflects that you have to purchase a separate battery pack. When faced with a cold winter, this slim vest could make the difference.
Best Heated Vest Buying guide
Here are a few things to check when after a heated vest.
Small to mid-sized battery packs, often known as power banks, power these vests. These compact brick-shaped rectangles are slightly larger than a cell phone, although it varies depending on the brand and pricing point.
Generally, the larger the battery, the cheaper the vest. The battery pack is the most expensive portion of the vest. Expensive models typically feature smaller battery bricks.
This is another category where the choice of manufacturer and model is critical. The battery life of an electric vest on high is around 4 hours, but some cheaper ones are closer to 2 hours.
On a low power option, you can get up to ten hours of operation or more.
Low power is fine if you cover it with a waterproof shell, yet it can become excessively heated but never unsafe. (Find the Best Queen Camping Cot)
Except for a few models, electrically heated vests can switch between power modes. This is usually low, medium, and high, while some vests feature Low and High.
The various power modes produce varying degrees of heat and operate at varying durations. If you have a full day of skiing ahead of you, keep it on Low and only wear a jacket or shell to keep the electric heat in.
The charge duration varies depending on the battery, but expect at least 6 hours to keep the vest warm for outdoor activity. Some vests take 7 or 8 hours to charge fully, so it’s probably best to leave them plugged in overnight.
You can use a portable solar charger, yet these suffice to maintain levels rather than give you a boost.
Nylon is a tough fabric for vests, jackets, and other outdoor gear. The densely woven synthetic fabric has a substantially better waterproofing factor than traditional fabrics, even if not treated with a waterproofing agent.
Polyester is a generic word for a variety of synthetic textiles used in the manufacture of heated vests. Polyester is light, soft, and inexpensive, but it is not waterproof or windproof.
Fleece is a polyester-based fabric, but it is a popular choice for vests. Fleece is a fantastic mid-layer for outdoor winter sports since it keeps heat close to the body. Adding a heating element to a fleece vest is possibly the warmest mid-layer idea.
Some electric vests incorporate additional heating elements in the neck/collar area, whereas others do not. Because this is one of the most specific areas for the wind to enter, electric heat here can be helpful.
Most offer 4 heating zones, and although they can, it is rare to find heated vests offering five heating zones.
What’s The Bottom Line?
Final Thoughts, now that you’ve had the chance to read about the best battery-powered heated vests and found some tips. In testing, we quickly found the ORORO Men’s Lightweight Heated Vest with Battery Pack was coming out on top for this kind of outdoor clothing.
There weren’t many on the list to compete in feature and warmth, and you’d need to look towards an Arris heated vest or a Foxelli heated vest.
Here, you have ample heating zones on the neck back and around the pockets that also help keep the core warm.
Besides this, it is water-resistant, so it can suffice as outer winter gear rather than being worn underneath.
With the battery life, heating power, and garment durability, the heated vest from ORORO has to be the best-heated vest for the money.