Camping may be a solo activity, but it’s far more enjoyable to share the thrill of the great outdoors with someone else. The problem is that if you’re camping with your partner, you’ll need to find a way to sleep, which doesn’t split you into opposite sides of the tent.
It also needs to be convenient and elevate you off the ground. Queen-size camping cots are excellent options.
You’ll find queen size camping cots have lots of room for comfortable sleep comfortably without cramping or feeling awkward. Even better is an airbed cot that lifts you off the ground as does any other cot; however, they don’t need you to do anything more than unfold the legs to set them up.
We tested 4 products and found Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo to be the best queen-size camping cot. (Find the Best Reclining Camping Chairs With Footrest)
The queen-size cot comes with all you need and several extras to make your camping more enjoyable. You get a handy bag, shelves, and cup holders so that drinks won’t spill with even the most movement.
The fact all camping sleeping cots are raised off the ground is the most noticeable aspect. Therefore, no matter how rough or uneven, you’ll find the elevation delivers a reliable flat surface for sleep.
A queen-size cot for camping also makes it easier for campers who have back issues or are heading off with family and wish to enjoy the best comfort. Such a product also helps you keep warmer, and it means you can camp at times of the year you may, though not possible. (Find the Best 3 Burner Camp Stove)
- Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo: All in one camping solution for sleep, rest, and relaxation.
- Ivation EZ-Bed (Full Size) Air Mattress with Frame & Rolling Case: Exotic queen cot sleeping solution for glamping or upmarket camping.
- Double Kwik Tent Cot – Best Budget Mattress: Affordable, durable cot offers off-the-ground sleeping with no mattress.
- 3897864 Tent Cot Double Kwik-Cot FC321: No frills cot you can use for lightweight backpacking or camping.
4 Best Queen Size Camping Cot
1. Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo – Best Overall
On your camping trip, the Coleman Folding Camp Cot & Air Mattress Combo with Pump & Side Tables are used inside as well as for outdoor life. It’s a multi-functional queen camping cot for two that can sleep up to two adults.
The 4D battery-powered pump makes it easy to inflate and deflate the air mattress in a few minutes. It is possible to split the airbed and cot to double the sleeping space.
This cot includes two side tables with built-in cup holders, so drinks and personal items can be kept nearby. The steel frame is simple to set up and built to last. It also includes a carry bag for convenient storage and transportation.
- Queen size cot offers a versatile design
- You can use the cot indoors or out
- The cot and airbed support a combined weight of 600 lbs
- There is lots of space with dimensions of 78 Long x 59 Wide and Height 22 inches
- You can separate the cot and airbed combo for double the sleeping space
- The frame is made from durable steel and unfolds easily
- Two side tables with cup holders are included
- Transportation is easy with the includes a wheeled bag to carry the 41lbs cot and air bed.
With a guide price of a little over $150, you get great value for money.
It is well suited to couples camping or those few kids who don’t want to sleep on the floor. It is also suitable for anyone who has problems sleeping on the floor. The air mattress also has some inside zipped cover to offer more comfort and protection.
2. Ivation EZ-Bed (Full Size) Air Mattress with Frame & Rolling Case- Best Inflatable Mattress
The built-in pump on the Ivation EZ-Bed Air Mattress with Frame inflates and deflates in less than four minutes. The pump offers three auto shut-off settings of plush, mild, and firm. For anyone wanting a soft or hard mattress, then you can achieve this.
The sturdy flocked mattress and frame come with 48 circular coils, making a soft and convenient sleeping surface. If you struggle to assemble a cot, then this portable cot has a trick up its sleeve.
It is smart enough to unfold it from the carry case, and as you inflate the airbed, the cot section assembles itself. The one downside is connecting the mattress to the mains or a suitable power source for inflation.
- Mattress dimensions are 79 x 61 inches when inflated and a 24-inch mattress height.
- Quick and easy automatic setup. Unpack and turn on the pump for a 4-minute installation
- The mattress uses the case as support against your tent floor
- The bed weighs 48.9 lbs and can hold a weight of 450 lbs.
- A secondary pump is automatic and can add air to retain firmness during the night.
The Ivation mattress and cot are perfect for anyone who may struggle to get in and out of bed and need a variable mattress firmness.
With a guide price of just under $270, this is at the top end, yet you get a premium sleeping experience. It will be one of the more costly purchases for sleeping, yet you get all you need besides your sleeping bag or blankets.
3. Double Kwik Tent Cot – Best Budget Mattress
You can see the Double Kwik-Cot transform into a decent sleeping platform in no longer than a handful of minutes.
The folding cot is durable and very stable. The metal frame is light yet strong enough to deliver a carrying capacity of 550-pounds. It is suitable for one or two and can be used with or without any form of air mattress.
Made from highly durable polyester, titanium, mesh, and nickel, and is suitable for inside use or outdoors.
- Sleeping dimensions are 85-inches long by 55 inches wide.
- The pack, when folded, is 42 inches x 11 x 9 and weighs 33lbs.
- The metal frame is powder-coated, and the fabric is 600D
- You can find a separate mesh storage hammock underneath the cot
With a guide price of just less than $155, you have a great option that won’t break the bank. It is comfortable, yet without an airbed, you may find the bar in the middle makes it a slightly uncomfortable sleeping system. It is, however, light and highly portable. It also offers more in length, so if you are a taller camper, you can find this more suited to stretch rather than coil up to fit.
4. 3897864 Tent Cot Double Kwik-Cot FC321 – Best Lightweight Queen Size Mattress
This is an ideal camping cot suited for two adults.
Kamp Rite covers all the basics with ease of assembly and durability on the nine-leg construction. It is also high enough to offer a mesh storage compartment underneath.
One of the most common gripes is the support bar down the center length of the cot. Thus you may need an air mattress, making it more of a mattress stand if you wish to use it for two adults.
One of the best things is that the frame is quiet and doesn’t creek as many other cots do.
- It comes from a reliable brand known for camping furniture
- It offers a high weight carrying capacity at 550 lbs.
- Large enough for two full-sized adults
- Great product for camping or spare bed use at home
- Thick, sturdy fabric that doesn’t sag with use
- Lightweight and easy to transport
- Solid and sturdy and makes very little noise in use
Any person who seeks a solid cot can find the rough guide price of a little under $120, a bargain coming from one of the top brands. This cot is heavy-duty and can be easily coupled with a mattress or sleeping pads.
It can easily be one of the most affordable purchases for camping sleeping gear, and there aren’t too many details to look into besides it just works.
Queen Size Camping Cot Buying guide
It would help if you had a cot with a strong frame, so check the solid steel framework, and it comes with significant protection against moisture. A good steel frame can support higher weights and be stable enough not to make a noise as you move around.
Based on the manufacturer, you can find cots that come with or without mattresses, such as an airbed cot you get from Coleman or other significant names in the industry. For other cots, you’d need to purchase a mattress, so the price needs thinking of in this case.
Size and Weight Limit
Be sure to double-check the dimensions and the weight the cot can hold. While many say queen size, the size in inches may vary. For instance, you can find cots suited to more petite individuals, and while these are great for space-saving or use in a smaller tent, they are not suited to the taller individuals who find they need to coil up to fit.
You need to check the carrying capacity, particularly if you have two full-sized adults wanting a good night’s sleep. (Find the Best Camping Coffee Maker)
One area often overlooked is the bed height. A cot without a mattress will be much lower, and if you suffer from back issues, it could be too low. An airbed cot should offer the best height to get into and out of bed.
Depending on how you are camping, you’ll need to carry your cot, or it has to fit in your vehicle. The manufacturer list dimensions when folded and erected. Check they fit into your car and are light enough to carry. Many also come in carrying bags to make it easier to transport.
You don’t want to spend much time setting up a cot and being easy to store. Many cots take a few minutes to have put together with legs that fold. Some models can assemble themselves as you inflate the air bed.
Some queen camping cots offer added features offering more than comfort. For example, you can find some offer side tables or shelves and storage underneath the cot. Pumps need to be included, or this will be an additional cost should your cot come with an air bed.
In testing, some cots covered every range. It was clear the Coleman Camping Cot would come out on top, as it offered ease of erection and lots of features besides the largest weight capacity. It was super comfortable and made from the highest-quality materials.
Besides this, it was easy to carry in the included wheeled carry bag. It was the one cot for camping that covered all areas, delivered on value for money, and still came with a mattress.