A nice pair of shoes can enhance your kayaking experience, and the best kayaking shoes can keep your feet safe in any situation.
We tested 5 products and found Mishansha Mens Womens Water Shoes to be the best Shoes For Kayaking. We found the unisex shoes perfect for people who don’t want water-logged feet.
They are extremely soft and well-ventilated, with added drainage holes to carry out this task. Besides this, they are great to wear on a hot day with the added ventilation. As we, you’ll find these water shoes for kayaking comfortable, well-built, and can last years.
If you want to see how they stack up against the competition, and they are as good as we believe, you’ll find out by the end of our kayaking shoe reviews. (Read Is Kayaking Good Exercise)
- Mishansha Men’s Women’s Water Shoes: The flexible shape allows optimum mobility while kayaking in mild to warm temperatures while being comfortable, light, and quick drying.
- SIMARI Water Shoes Men’s Women’s Sports: They are suitable for all weathers and provide excellent grip and comfort from the mesh while mobile and ergonomic.
- ALEADER Men’s Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes: The water kayak shoes are robust and comfy and made from fabric that enables the shoes to breathe while quick drying.
- Crocs Men’s Swiftwater Mesh Deck Sandals Sport: Paddling tough and light shoes without sacrificing comfort.
- Merrell Men’s All Out Blaze Sieve Water Shoes: The shoe provides protection, stability, and durability. Because of its sandal-like form, it provides exceptional traction while keeping you dry.
5 Best Shoes For Kayaking
1. Mishansha Mens Womens Water Shoes Quick-Dry Barefoot for Swim Diving Surf Aqua Sports Pool Beach Walking Yoga – Best Overall Kayaking Shoes
You’ll see the Mishansha as a regular pair of shoes, yet they are very different. The kayaking shoes have elastic band laces and a pull-on loop, and a very durable rubber sole to protect you from rocks and bruises.
- The spandex upper fabric is salt resistant, stretch, and breathable while remaining super lightweight.
- With multiple holes in the soles, the anti-slip camo rubber sole enables great water flow to leave feet dry while adding a cooler wearing of the shoe.
- You’ll find a quick On/Off with the heel pull tab, and once on, you’ll find the stretchy rubber bands are better than tying laces.
- The shoes are like athletic shoes and ideal for all water sports with wet surfaces and a grip.
The Mishansha kayak shoes have a rough guide price of just under $24 and are great value for money. There are reports of the shoes running on the small side, yet there isn’t any discomfort as they’re so soft.
The shoes are suitable for anyone who can be in and out of their kayak and doesn’t want to keep changing their footwear and like the feeling as if they are bare feet. (Learn How To Anchor A Kayak)
2. SIMARI Water Shoes Mens Womens Sports Quick-Dry Barefoot Diving Swim Surf Aqua Walking Beach Yoga – Best Shoes for Slippery Surfaces
Women’s and men’s kayak shoes are available, and they are suitable for all weathers while providing excellent grip and comfort. The shoe’s upper mesh material allows for flexibility and breathability.
- Like the best kayak shoe, they have drainage holes in the sole to ensure feet dry quickly.
- The 92% polyester mesh material makes them feel like you are wearing socks yet has side support.
- Rather than laces, you have elastic laces that stretch and have a toggle locking mechanism.
- The soles are made of rubber and have a unique bump texture, and the thick sole keeps your feet safe from hot rocks and hot beaches.
- The athletic shoe ergonomic design offers cushioning and max comfort, yet they do run small.
With a guide price starting at just under $17, these shoes are suitable for anyone to wear kayaking. They are also suitable for anyone who plays on the beach or for sports such as kite surfing, sailing, and beach volleyball, or anywhere around water you need feet protected.
3. ALEADER Men’s Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes – Best Lightweight Shoes
Aleader Men’s Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes are lightweight and well-ventilated, with larger than usual mesh pores in both the upper and the sole for rapid water drainage.
The lace-up shoes are engineered using a durable air mesh upper, Solyte midsole, and a durable rubber outsole. For grip and drainage, they offer some of the best you can find.
- The shoes are a good pair to offer breathable and durable air mesh uppers, enabling feet to breathe.
- The Solyte midsole delivers a lightweight midsole with bounce-back and arch support.
- The water drain outsole provides good traction in wet and slippery conditions, yet sharp rocks could worm through the larger holes.
- You have the ComforDry sock liner for extra comfort, which adds to a cooler, drier, and healthier foot environment in warmer weather.
With guide prices running under $20, you get one of the best draining shoes you can find. The fast-draining water shoe is suitable for anyone out kayaking in warm weather who spends more time on the water or beach than walking on rough terrain.
4. Crocs Men’s Swiftwater Mesh Deck Sandals Sport – Best Water Sandals
Crocs are among the biggest names for this kind of footwear, and here you get one of the most comfortable shoes on the list. We found the Crocs to be of exceptional quality, and the Swiftwater offers lots of quick-drying properties you’ll find perfect for kayaking.
- The Crocs Swiftwater fits the feet correctly and offers a tough and lightweight shoe without sacrificing comfort.
- You’ll find masses of water drainage capability from the side cutouts in the synthetic upper.
- The all-purpose sandals offer tons of grip from the thick rubber sole.
- The velcro strap makes for easy fastening or unfastening to get the Crocs on or off when feet are wet.
The Crocs are ideal for any man who enjoys exploring land as much as they do on the water. With a guide price of just under $40, you have one of the more expensive kayaking shoes on offer, yet the water shoe will last for years.
5. Merrell Men’s All Out Blaze Sieve Water Shoes – Best Water Shoes for Kayaking
You won’t find many kayak shoes made like the Merrell Blaze. They are designed as kayak and hiking water shoes and offer unparalleled foot protection and stability.
The sandal-like design keeps feet cool and dry while offering all-around comfort. The main leather construction components of the best kayak shoes are waterproof. At the same time, you have a Lycra neoprene stretch collar offering a comfortable fit and making them an easy on-off kayak shoe solution. (Find the Best Fish Finder For Kayak)
- The Blaze waterproof shoe offers a highly durable and thick synthetic sole for protection against any terrain.
- Drainage in warm water is excellent, as there are many drainage holes all around the leather water shoe.
- The Vibram TC5+ outsole delivers great protection and has hollowed lugs for lightness, and the 3 mm lug depth offers more than adequate grip.
With a guide price of just under $85, anyone seeking the best kayaking shoes for deep exploration may not find anything better.
They may not be ideal in cold water if you want to keep warm, yet in the right conditions, the Merrell Blaze should last you a considerable number of years.
Best Shoes For Kayaking Buying Guide
Here are some of the key criteria to check when buying kayaking shoes. First, we have the different kayaking shoes available, followed by the things that can make your choice of kayak water shoes the right choice of kayaking shoe for your needs.
These are great for general kayaking shoes, allowing you to wade in and out of your yak. A sandal’s open shoe shape allows them to be worn either closed or open toe. They are perfect for the summer or warm areas and can be used as a pool or worn around rocky beaches and offer more support than flip flops.
These look more like conventional shoes and are perfect for covering more difficult terrain such as wet rocks between paddling sessions.
Some water shoes are constructed like hiking shoes and feature a snug fit for long walks. These are great for a variety of weather conditions and can help prevent foot injury on kayaking adventures. The best kayak water shoes often help keep feet dry, thanks to a breathable mesh construction.
Booties are worn like socks, and the pull-on boot provides some degrees of foot protection. The neoprene water shoes are made from the same material as wetsuits, and the thick neoprene upper makes them perfect for paddling in cold temperatures.
However, as they keep feet comfortable in the water and for cold weather, they are not suitable for hiking between sessions.
The features that you need in water shoes for kayaking depend on your activities. Here are the features to make your water sports experience better.
Comfort is vital in water shoes for kayaking. With a water shoe, you could have unique comfort needs. Even if mainly seated, seek a breathable, comfortable water shoe.
Shoes need to be the right size for your feet so they don’t slip, as this can cause blisters or cuts.
If you plan to use your water shoes on land and in water, durability is critical. This usually shows you’ll be wearing them longer, and to cover this, many water shoes have tough rubber soles to provide great traction while walking over stones or sand. (Learn How To Lock A Kayak)
The best kayaking water shoes are made of materials to withstand repeated submersion in water when kayaking or paddle boarding.
Rinse your water shoes after each use using freshwater to extend their life, especially if you’ve been in salt water and dry before storing.
While most water shoes aren’t waterproof in the right sense of keeping feet dry, the materials can be waterproof, yet the shoes offer amazing drainage compared to other shoes.
The best water shoes for kayaking will be safe to wear in the water, with the materials designed for such use. Some fabrics, such as neoprene, provide a waterproof layer but may still let water in the shoe, like a wetsuit when scuba diving.
Water shoes are often made of breathable mesh fabric to keep shoes dry, and your feet aired. In hot weather, a breathable water shoe is perfect for wearing as it can keep your feet warm in colder weather yet offering great toe protection for safety.
Any kayaking shoes fit needs to be secure, especially if paddling in whitewater or you want to jump on and off your kayak. The last thing you want is to lose the rubber sole protection as your water shoes come off as you traverse sharp rocks, and it heads off downriver.
If planning on swimming in warm weather when paddleboarding, you need to make sure your kayaking shoe stays where it should as you swim.
Not only do you need a good kayaking shoe, but also for other sports. If you want to camp and walk, seek a shoe you can use as a cold water shoe and a hiking shoe.
Check the shoes have thick soles as walking long distances with a thin rubber outsole, and proper foot support could lead to injuries. When wearing the best kayak shoes, Longer hikes would need a closed-toe shoe as protection from rough terrain.
Sit-Inside & Touring
A sit-inside kayak requires a different shoe than a sit-on-top kayak. Depending on the cockpit size, you may need a slim shoe to fit comfortably on the footrests. It’s also possible to find pairs that work nicely with a pedal kayak. In cold weather, a neoprene water bootie can help keep your feet warm.
What’s the bottom line?
In testing, there is good to say about each of the kayaking shoes one offers. However, once you put the price to performance, things change. We found the Mishansha Men’s Women’s Water Shoes the clear leader for a couple of reasons.
You want shoes to last, and the Mishansha last long enough in saltwater conditions to make them a brilliant investment without being expensive. For comfort, you could also be in bare feet, as they are snug, and when wet, they offer the best drainage and drying capabilities.
In water or out of the water, you have excellent traction, and they are comfortable shoes you could wear for hours out of your Kayak without issue.
The Mishansha is clearly the best water shoes you can find for the money that suits men and women.